Wednesday, April 22, 2009

First Party! I Am All Kinds of Grown Up!

I had my first ever house party on Sunday! I finally have a place big enough to have a party in ^__^

It was only five people over and was a welcome/birthday party affair. I bought a cake for it and felt ever so grown up. My two really good Japanese friends, C. and M., brought over an okonomiyaki cooker and all the fixings for it. C. brought over a friend of hers (I think she was trying to get her set up with J.) The guy that moved near me recently, J., came with a co-worker of his.

There were a few awkward moments at the beginning where no one would talk to each other once J. arrived. (We had been squealing over a KAT-TUN concert DVD before he came over >_>) Then my newly found hostess powers kicked in and I started brokering conversations. "Hey, L. is from Canada! You used to live there, didn't you C.? Let's talk about it!" And then everyone loosened up and it was good time.

The food was wonderful and the look on M's face when we brought out the cake (and set off the little party poppers my mom had sent for my birthday.) was worth the $30 I had spent on it.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a blast! I am too crazy to entertain at my house. I would have come to your party though :)

    ReplyDelete