Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Day Off

Today was a holiday. I can't remember for what, but I never turn down a day of not working!

I went with my boss to an African Drums concert. She asked me a few days ago to go but I told her I didn't have the money. Tickets were around 3000 yen ($30). She told me not to worry about that and come, so I agreed. She called me this morning at 10am to tell me where to meet her so we could car pool to the concert. Since we hadn't talked about it since I had wondered if she had forgotten. I still wasn't sure if I would have to pay my own way or not, but decided a day of culture is well worth the money spent.

I dressed up really snazzy: platform shoes and a short-ish skirt. I completely forgot that her car is a jeep and really high up. I hope I didn't flash people too badly getting into it. >_<

We picked up two of her friends (One of which is an older student whom I adore. The lady that made me my lovely compact and cell phone case!) and went on to the concert.

At the concert hall we were in a room with no chairs. We were expected to sit on the floor. I looked down at my skirt and made a ;_; face. I have sat through long hours of enkais seiza-style, but they are never ever fun. One of Boss's friends was an older lady and she said she didn't know about me, but her knees couldn't take sitting on the floor, so she asked a young man to kindly fetch us some chairs. Yay to old ladies!

The concert was wonderful. Even if I had had to pay my own way (I didn't) they were worth every penny. The band was made up of two gentlemen from Guinea, a lady who was half, and their three Japanese friends. My god the show was awesome XD I loved the songs they sang and the two ladies danced wonderfully. Everyone looked like they were having the time of their lives, which is what every performer should look like when they are onstage.

Afterwards, Boss dragged us up to have our picture taken with them. I got a nice ego boost when one of the guys knocked the other one out of the way so he could put his arm around me for the picture XD Well worth dressing up. (I know I come across as horribly vain in my posts half the time, but you have no idea how much I need these little boosts to my self-esteem. I need to be reminded that even though I am getting older, I still got it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment