Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stupid People

Japanese old guys suck. I just had some guy come to the door trying to sell newspaper subscriptions. As soon as he saw me he goes "Oh, you're foreign so you can't read newspapers." Which really upset me because I left reading my Japanese NOVEL to answer the damn door. I usually just smile and nod and quickly shut the door, but his assumption just really pissed me off so I told him "Actually I do read the newspaper, in Japanese, only I read it online."

This gave him pause. Then he asked me if my husband was at home and could he talk to him >_< I read the bloody newspaper! Not my non-existent husband! He then decided to go on with his spiel that if you signed up for a newspaper subscription you got free stuff. I told him no thank you, but I think he thought I was really refusing because I couldn't read Japanese. He was giving me very patronizing smiles. Grrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment